Posted: December 5, 2023
- Welcome back !
- I hope you had a good weekend!
- Just a reminder to please make sure you are dressed for the weather. We have snow now and colder temperatures.
- Please check back here each week to find out what is happening with our class.
- Our Phys. Ed days this week are Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
- Our library day is now on Friday.
- Make sure you bring your book back so you can sign out another one.
- Students need to have their book returned in order to sign out a new one.
- Work on your words. Remember to use the sounds you know to help .
- Once you know all the words, have someone at home sign the sheet.
- Choose a book from the reading bag to read each night. Remember to sign the log sheet each time you read. Make sure you use your strategies to help with your reading.
- This week we have our spelling words. The focus is on the short /u/ vowel sound. We are sending them home to work on and we will be doing activities with them at school as well.
- Our first term report cards go home on Monday December 4th.
- After you read the report, please sign the response form, and return it in the report card envelope.
- If you would like a parent/teacher interview, please sign the form in the report card envelope, checking the best time for you and return it to the school.
- We will set up interview times for you once we have the forms.
- Parent/ Teacher interviews are on Thursday December 7th from 4:00 – 6:00PM and on Friday December 8th from 8:30 – 11:30AM.
- There is no school for students on Friday December 8th.
- Parent Teacher Interviews are from 8:30 – 11:30AM.
- There is no cost for the Christmas Dinner this year, as it is being covered by the Home & School.
- If your child would like to have the dinner, please pre-order by Thursday December 7th, so they will know how many meals to prepare for. The dinner is on Wednesday December 13th.
- If your child is ordering , please write a note and put it in a bag or container.
- Lunch orders have to be sent to the cafeteria by 9:00AM.
- Just a reminder to bring in a water bottle that you can refill and use throughout the day.
- We will be having our annual Christmas Shop on Monday December 11th and Tuesday December 12th.
- Students will be able to go and purchase gifts for Family members.
- We are looking for items for the sale, bags, tissue paper and wrapping paper. If you have some that are gently used that you can donate that would be appreciated.
- Please send in item by December 7th.
- Our first skating time of the year will be on Friday December 15th, from 8:45 – 9:35.
- Students will need skates and a helmet to go on the ice.
- If your child does not have skates and a helmet, please let me know, as we do have some extras here at the school.
- Parents and guardians are welcome to come with us, but please note that to go on the ice, you need to have skates.
- Have a great week Grade 2!