Posted: April 6, 2020
Posted: April 6, 2020
Bonjour tout le monde! Hello to all my grade one students!
We are now beginning Home learning for your child, and I want all my parents and students to know that I am here to support you in any way I can. You can contact me by email at email@example.com if you have any questions, concerns or clarification.
Also, I will have login and passwords for each student for some of the math and reading websites, so if you are able to email me, I will be able to send these logins to you for your child to use.
We will be focusing on Literacy and numeracy; however, I will also be including some web links and documents for Art, mindfulness and social/emotional learning as the weeks continue. These are all optional and suggested activities as well so please choose what best suits your child and your home situation.
Thank you very much for all your support during these unprecedented times. It is suggested that students work maximum one hour each day on the suggested activities, this includes reading for 10-15 minutes per day. Students are also encouraged to get outside for some fun play!
Remember we are all in this together!
Below you will find the following links for literacy and numeracy activities. These links can also be found under “Web links” on my teacher page. I will also continue to upload the SOUND of the WEEK every Monday for the remainder of the year along with new sight words students can work on creating at home.
In recap: Students should be:
- reading 10-15 minutes each day using one of the sites listed or a french book at home
- Following along with the sound of the week
- choosing three activities a week from the Board.
- exploring one of the math numeracy sites each day
- https://jelis-free.rkpublishing.com/student This link will require the student login and password (Please send me an email and I will reply with their logins)
- https://wow.boomlearning.com/student (For word and sound work) Username: hitchman password: nelsonrural
NUMERACY (MATH) RESOURCES:
- https://go.zorbitsmath.com/parent-free-access?utm_source=email&utm_medium=onetoone&utm_content=parents&utm_campaign=athomelearning (Parents can sign up to 4 children for free for math activities)
- DreamBox Math: If you’re using a browser, use this link: https://play.dreambox.com/login/knjs/8s78 If your student uses a picture password, you will also need to enter this Classroom Code: 53658
Math Card Games for Kids… This site has a free resource for Math Card Games that will help build your child’s number sense using a deck of cards:
Website with cartoons, games, videos, and colouring activities in French for kids:
Your child can also use this 3 in a row choice board to choose three activities to do each week. I will upload a new board each week. Students can choose three in a row. They can also complete more of the board activities if they would like.
Week 1- Semaine 1
Grade 1FI Home Learning Mat- 3 in a Row Choice Board
Write or Draw a picture of things in your house that have the sound of the week in them.
Make a meal with your family.
Set the table and talk about your day!
Watch a t.v show in french. Draw a picture about the show and tell someone about it.
Practice counting to 20 forwards starting at 4, 11, and 15 in French. Count backwards from 20!
Play a board game with your family and count in French!
Using your toothbrush, measure how long the following things in your house are;
Couch, bathtub, bed, kitchen table
Paint some Easter Eggs or draw Easter eggs using different patterns!
Play the card game “7 up” with your family (or any card game). There is a link on the teacher page for card rules. Try saying the numbers in French!
Gather all your Teddy Bears together and read/tell them a story in French!
Read 10-15 minutes and play outside daily
Again, I want you to know that I am here to support your child in any way I can. Please email me with any questions you may have. If your child would like to send me a picture of anything they have completed as well, I will be posting pictures to my teacher page!
Posted: March 30, 2020
My grade 1 student, Seth celebrated a birthday yesterday! Wishing him a great birthday! :)
Bonne fête Seth!!
Posted: March 8, 2020
Welcome back! I hope you all had a wonderful and restful March Break!
- Homework is in the homework folders. Also, please log their reading on the reading log sheet and make a note in the agenda when you need a new sheet. Sound of the week is on my Teacher page.
- There is information pertaining to the coronovirus on the FB school page and on our school website. Please read the information sheet and go over good hygiene practices with your child, such as washing hands, sneezing into a tissue, or sleeve.
- Spell-A-Thon Fundraiser - Just a reminder that all pledge money was due back on February 28th. Please pass it in this week if you have not already done so.
Have a terrific week!
Posted: February 26, 2020
Our Grade 1 and Grade 6 buddies had a great time creating their cardboard STEAM challenge sleds in the Maker Space and testing them out on the hill! They also had a chance to test out the tobaggons that were given to each school...