Posted: April 21, 2016
The past two days in Grade 8K and 8B: (Silent Sustained Reading and response - 15 minutes each day)
- We reviewed organizing our research and thoughts into a speech/presentation planner and worked on completing it.
- We learned about various styles of effective introductions for our speeches and presentation with many different examples.
- We worked on developing such introductions.
- We reviewed the importance of looking for clues in our reading for meaning, especially in finding words we don't know the meaning to. (5 words on the Finding Vocabulary in Context chart are due tomorrow).
- Students wrote a small motto, and reasoning for their motto about Canada, for a Grade 8 City of Miramichi Fire Deptartment contest, with the winner to be used on Canada Day.
Homework/Reminders: Read 30 minutes, log and respond. Fill out vocabulary in context chart for the 5 words due tomorrow (April 22).