Posted: May 4, 2020
Read- 20 minutes every day!
The following sites have a lot to offer:
Mother's Day ideas:
1. Find a cool rock. Paint it your mom's favourite colour. Maybe make a design on it! Add a card to go with it. On the front of the card write: MOM, YOU ROCK! Write a nice message inside. Be creative! Use lots of colours!
2. On a piece of stiff paper/cardboard draw/colour some stems and leaves. Cut up an egg carton. Colour/paint each holder and glue a button inside- these are the flowers. Glue as many on as you want. Add words if you want. A special bouquet for a special lady!
3. Create an acrostic poem to give to someone special for Mothers’ Day.
To create an acrostic poem, follow these six easy steps:
1. Decide what to write about.
2. Write your word down vertically. MOTHER/GRAMMY/NANA.....
3. Brainstorm words or phrases that describe your mother /grandmother.....
4. Place your brainstormed words or phrases on the lines that begin with the same letters.
5. Fill in the rest of the lines to create a poem. It does not have to rhyme!
6. Add a picture! Roll it up, and tie with yarn! :)
You can also click on the link below to view a short video explaining acrostic poems.
4. Go to crayola.ca to see a cool flamingo card. If you don't have pompoms, use cottonballs. You can colour them with markers. Write a nice message inside. Lots of other cool ideas to choose too!
Mother's Day words/phrases to help you along:
Thank you for being here every day!
loving special kind
listening pretty good story teller
caring sweet great baker
good cook patient happy
wonderful funny quiet
You're my one and only mom!
I'm so proud to be your kid!