Posted: April 11, 2016
Today in Grade 7P and 7H: (Silent Sustained Reading and response - 15 minutes)
- Vocabulary in Context: Students were given a Finding Vocabulary in Context organizer (which is also under documents on this teacher page) and were asked to fill out any new words found in today's reading.
- We wrote a quick write for our idea page on The Awesome and Not So Awesome things in life.
- We reviewed Public Speaking Types of Delivery: Formal/Informal Speech, Spoken Word Poetry and today we discussed and saw an example of formal presenation.
- We began to talk about choosing our speech delivery type and brainstorm topic ideas.
Homework/Reminders: Read 30 minutes, log and respond. Fill out vocabulary in context chart as you find words.
- All persuasive argument/essay rubrics are to be signed as well as Reading Notebook/Binder rubric to signed.